Welcome to our new members and thanks for joining!
Here we go again! It’s time to gather and share our joy of the ukulele. We will concentrate on Book 1 this meeting while playing some fun favorites along with a few new ones. These books always surprise me when choosing our meetings selections. Page 330, “Upside Down” by Jack Johnson is a fun little tune we’ll learn together. If you want to practice beforehand just go online and listen to the song to get a feel for the groove. The books arrangement of this song is a half step higher than recorded by the artist. It’s in the key F rather than E which is possibly easier to group sing and definitely easier to play avoiding the often dreaded E chord.
We will also work on the April 18th LA Ukulele Expo Guinness World Record Attempt Song – “Pua I Ka Ua” which will be our “Quick Lesson Session for this meeting.
Thank you everyone and please make sure to join our new Meetup Group Page:
9:30 – 10:00 – Set Up Time
Ukuleles tuned, materials readied, questions, song suggestions, announcements scheduled, show and tell, and anything else I might have forgotten.
10:00 – 10:50 – Round One, Book One
- Ring Of Fire – Pg. 197
- Midnight Special – Pg. 160
- Moonlight Bay – Pg. 165
- Me And Bobby McGee – Pg. 158 (quick lesson, How to find a suitable strum)
- Save The Last Dance For Me – Pg. 202
- Quick Lesson Session – Pua I Ka Ua – (Copies at meeting)
- Easy Quick Pick – Time Permitting
- Love Me Do – Pg. 154
10:50 – 11:10 – Break Time
11:10 – 12:00 – Round Two
- Let’s Get Together – Pg. 148 (Fun with hammer-ons)
- Runaway – Pg. 200
- Second Hand Rose – Pg. 203 New!
- Upside Down – Pg. 330 New!
- Quick Pick
- I Left My Heart In San Francisco – Pg. 120 New!
- I Can’t Give You Anything But Love – Pg. 117
- The Glory Of Love – Pg. 90
12:00 – 12:30 – Performance Time
Thanks to all that got up and performed at out last meeting. There were many and a new face or two! Let’s do it again! The more you do it the better you get.
Regular Meeting Location:
Christ Church Griffith Park,
3852 Edenhurst Ave
Los Angeles, CA
We ask that all able bodied individuals park on the street as the church’s parking lot is reserved for those who have trouble walking, etc. Thank you so much for your consideration of others.