Happy Valentine’s Day! Love songs, shall we?
Love found, love lost, and love from afar?
Longing To Belong? Looking For Love?
Okay enough sappiness.
Exciting news! The Pluckin’ Strummers now have it’s very own “Meetup” Group account and we eagerly want our members and new people to sign up. Please RSVP to our upcoming meetings and visit often for additional ukulele events. Click on the link below and sign up. Thanks to all uke Pluckin’ Strummers. 😃
9:30 – 10:00 – Setup
Coffee brewed, music stands and materials readied, questions asked and answered, songs suggested, announcements scheduled, and even show and tell. Anything else?
10:00 – 10:50 – Round One, Book 2
- When Will I Be Loved – Pg. 385
- L-O-V-E – Pg. 230
- This Magic Moment – Pg. 354
- A Teenager In Love – Pg. 344
- Easy Love Song Quick Pick
- Lookin’ For Love – Pg. 226
- Quick Pick Lesson Session – You decide the topic.
- Stop! In The Name Of Love – Pg. 320
11:10 – 12:00 – Round Two, Still Book Two
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow – Pg. 389
- You And I – Pg. 397 New!
- What The World Need Now Is Love – Pg. 384
- Sealed With A Kiss – Pg. 298 New!
- P. S. I Love You – Pg. 279
- Love And Marriage – Pg. 229
- Longing To Belong – Eddie Vedder Arrangement – Copies at meeting and it can be downloaded / Info below.
Songs With Bass! Thank You Gene. 😄
- Be My Lover – Alice Cooper – New! (copies at meeting)
- 12 Bar Blues Jam in Bb.
Bb(7) – 3211, 1211 Eb(7,or9) – 3331, 1202, 0111
F(7,or9) – 2010, 2310, 2333
12:00 – 12:30 – Performance Time
This is always so much fun. Thanks to all that participate. Let’s hear from some new people. No pressure. Have fun!
Our Meetup Page:
Our own Ronnie Butler is singing every Monday night in February – a night of eclectic love (?) songs. His sets included inventive covers of both pop and jazz. Bring someone you love!
V Wine Room
903 Westbourne Drive, West Hollywood
More info below in the link:
Regular Meeting Location:
Christ Church Griffith Park,
3852 Edenhurst Ave
Los Angeles, CA
We ask that all able bodied individuals park on the street as the church’s parking lot is reserved for those who have trouble walking, etc. Thank you so much for your consideration of others.