Hello Pluckin’ Strummers!
Here’s what we’ll be delving into on Saturday, Jan 22nd…
The Flam strum and right hand technique.
Left hand muting techniques – both pinkie mutes and fretted mutes.
Reading music notation in time.
The Circle of 5ths.
Songs We Will Play
- Brown Eyed Girl – Pg. 39 alternate arrangement – down for repair, will be reposed with corrections for next meeting
- Crazy – Pg. 58
- Hound Dog – Pg. 111
- Hey Good Looking – Pg.108
- Walk Right In – Pg. 255
- Aloha ‘Oe – Pg. 21
- Can’t Help falling In Love – Pg. 51
- Don’t Worry Be Happy – Pg. 70
- Sound of Silence – in post below (updated 2011-01-18), request password via email
Books to Bring:
The Daily Ukulele – A Jumpin’ Jim Ukulele Songbook by Jim Beloff
– required for all club members
Hal Leonard Ukulele Method Book 1 by Lil’ Rev
– required for beginners to stringed instruments
If you wish to do a little brushing up on the Circle of 5ths, we recommend the following website: randscullard.com/CircleOfFifths
Beginners, please come 15 minutes early (9:45am) for some personal attention.
Seasoned players – we will be starting at 10:00am.
Looking forward to seeing you all on the 22nd!