Once again we meet to share in our zest and zeal for the highly entertaining, sometimes underestimated, wonder of all wonders, the Ukulele.
We will be concentrating on the material for our upcoming performance. Start practicing early and write down any questions you have about the songs. We will continue to work out any kinks and make each song sublime. Looking forward to Strummin’ and a Pluckin’ with you all on August 27th. Performance arrangements will be available at our meeting.
Remember, bring pencils to take notes. We’ll be ironing out strums, harmonies, and fiddly bits.
- Hound Dog – Pg. 111
- Good Night Ladies – Pg. 95
- Me And Bobby McGee – Pg. 158
- No Woman No Cry
- Sentimental Journey – Pg. 205
- Cindy – Pg. 55 (Check out Robert Plant – Band of Joy)
Break Time 15-20 min.
- Hang On Little Tomato
- Apple Blossom
- Proud Mary
- All I Have To Do Is Dream
- Longing To Belong
- Man Of Constant Sorrow – (time permitting)
- Performance time – Time to share and/or Play something solo
As always, beginners come a little early for additional attention. We’ve extended our time to 12:30pm so we can have a longer break as well as have individual performance time. Remember to please park on the street if you are able bodied. See you bright and early!