It’s time to meet again for friendship and song. Below is our list of songs for September 22nd but before you start practicing you’ve got and assignment…
Write down 3 songs from our club book that you’d like to play out and about. We really want your input on what will become our set list for public events. We’ll be putting it together soon, so shoot us an email with suggestions. We will discuss further at Saturday’s meeting.
And now to the meaty bits:
9:30 am – Questions anyone?
- Strum Exercises
- Goodnight, Irene – Pg. 94
- Deep In The Heart Of Texas – Pg. 64
- Quick Pick
- Red River Valley – Pg. 195
- Beautiful Brown Eyes – Pg. 34
- Blowin’ In The Wind – Pg. 36
- Buffalo Gals – Pg. 40
- Enjoy Yourself – Pg. 76
10:50 am – Break Time – Caffeine, Cookies, and Conversation.
- Happy Together – Pg. 98
- Miss The Mississippi And You – Pg. 162
- Pennies From Heaven – Pg. 188 Swing it!
- Why Do Fools Fall Around – Pg. 269
- Quick Pick
- When Your Smiling – Pg. 265
- I Feel Fine – Pg. 118
- If I Had A Hammer – Pg. 119
- You’re Nobody ‘Til Somebody Loves You – Pg. 284
From 2ch’s arrangements:
- Proud Mary
12:00 – Performance Time
Remember, arrangements are now online in a .zip file here:
Pluckin’ Strummer’s Songbook
(user name and password are sent via a private message to members)
Big thanks to Buzz and his site A Beginners Ukulele Resource Kit
for the following quotes and links:
You can grab the premier October 2012 edition, free online (you may also download it as PDF). It’s an ad heavy ‘zine, but does include some good content such as “uke basics”, a few songs, plus these features:
- Uke for Guitarists Lesson
- Shopping for a Uke Tips
- Vintage Uke Gallery
- Jake Shimabukuro interview
Not a whole lot new, but still lots of eye candy. Plus, the tips for guitarists should make it a helpful foray into our odd four stringed world.
Rolling Coconuts, a free Japanese ukulele magazine. (no luck finding it here in LA)
Meeting the 2nd and 4th
Saturdays of the month
10:00am – 12:30pm
(unless otherwise stated).
Christ Church Griffith Park,
Los Angeles, CA
Looking forward to seeing you all,