Our last meeting was fantastic. What a great turnout! Performance time was a blast. Very nice participation, thanks to all.
After a quick warm up we’ll move right into lesson time. We’re looking forward to something new to start us off this meeting – A few Pluckin’ Strummers will decide on the topics for discussion. So, give some thought on what you’d like to cover before Saturday’s meeting.
Some topic ideas:
- Strummin’- Reggae, Triplet, Fan, Chunk, Split, etc…
- Pluckin’- Bluegrass anyone?
- Chord Shapes-Majors, Minors, Dom.7th’s.
- Notation- EGBDF FACE
- Fretboard- ABCDEFG with a handful of flats and sharps missing.
Anyone wanting extra help come early with your questions or material ready. If 2ch is running around with setup, please interrupt so he can assist.
Arrangement copies in all forms will be available.
- Warm up!
- Jambalaya – Pg. 140
- You choose the lesson!
- Oh, Susanna – Pg. 178
- Easy Quick Pick
- Goodnight, Irene – Pg. 94
- Beautiful Brown Eyes – Pg. 34
- Bill Bailey, Won’t ….. – Pg. 35
- Daydream – Pg. 60
- Rip It Up – Tab – Elvis!
10:50 – Break Time
- Proud Mary
- Longing To Belong
- Apple Blossom
- Falling Slowly
- Hang On Little Tomato
- Quick Pick- Something peppy! (Time Permitting)
12:00 – Performance Time
12:25 – Please straighten up and exit quickly. Conversation can continue outside or at our usual after meeting place. Thanks!
2ch says, “My cold is over and out and I’m raring to go!” and we’re both looking forward to seeing you all on the 27th.
now some internet finds: