9:30 – Setup and questions answered. Beginners with questions please ask away. Show and tell? Song suggestions? Banter? Announcements?
10:00 – We begin!
- Strum lesson – Split strum (used for Fare Thee Well)
- Strum for Pineapple Mango – (Chunk strum with hammer-ons)
- Drunken Sailor – Pg. 71
- Don’t Worry Be Happy – Pg. 70
- Fields Of Gold – Pg. 80
- Quick Pick – Easy and Lively
- My Little Grass Shack – Chord and lyric sheet provided.
- Hey Good Lookin’ – Pg. 108
- Tonight You Belong To Me – Pg. 242
- Toot, Toot, Tootsie! – Pg. 243
10:55’ish – Break Time
11:10’ish – Let’s work on arrangements.
- My Hands Are Shakin’ – Chord and lyric sheet at meeting.
- Longing To Belong
- Fare Thee Well – New arrangement available at meeting.
- Love Her Madly
- Hang Me, Oh Hang Me
- Green, Green, Rocky Road – Another song from “Inside Llewyn Davis”. I hope to have a chord and lyric sheet ready in time.
- Five Hundred Miles
- I’m also working on “Never Going Back Again” by Fleetwood Mac. It’s a really fun picking song!
12:00 – Performance Time.
This is always fun and getting better all the time. Don’t be shy if you haven’t performed yet. The more you do it the easier it gets!