Thanks to all those who came to our Victoria Vox workshop meeting. There was a large turnout and several new faces present. Her show later that evening at the Coffee Gallery Backstage in Altadena was fantastic. I was proud to see many of our “Pluckin’ Strummers” in attendance.
My new nickname after her show was Tooch “The Capo” Santucci. In Italian that translates to the boss. Ha! I held an audience supplied Chapstick across the 3rd fret of her baritone ukulele while she beautifully performed Somewhere Over The Rainbow/ What A Wonderful World.
We will revisit “Technicolor Way”, the song she taught us in her workshop, along with “Daffodil”, from her latest album “Key”. Check out her website for some freebies. victoriavox.com
9:30 – Setup and questions answered. Announcements prepared. Show and tell. Song suggestions. Set list songs discussed. Coffee and cookies prepared. Sheet music collated.
10:00 – And…….. Go!
- Warm up. Technicolor Way strum review.
- Quick Lesson – We’ll talk about some of the things V.V. touched upon. Transposing keys and such.
- Forever Young – Pg. 120
- As Tears Go Bye – Pg. 24
- Blue Bayou – Pg. 42
- Easy Quick Pick – Favorite anyone?
- Bring Me Sunshine – Pg. 47
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You – Pg. 64
- Cara Mia – Pg. 65
- Come Monday – Pg. 76 Check out that key change! New!
10:50’ish – Break Time
11:10’ish – Here We Go!
The first two songs are Victoria Vox’s songs. For practice purposes the sheet music for “Daffodil” is available on her site listed above. “Technicolor Way” was the song she taught last meeting for her workshop. There will be copies available.
- Technicolor Way
- Daffodil – New!
- Fare Thee Well – Rewritten in 4/4 time. It makes better sense.
- Happy – Lets give this another go. Look over the arrangement breakdown passed out at last meeting.
- Quick Pick Arrangement – Time Permitting.
12:00 – Performance Time!