So the thirteenth of this month is our usual second Saturday meeting of The Pluckin’ Strummers and you’d think we’d play and sing nothing but Christmas Carols. This is not the case. We’ve had themes for our last two meetings so here comes one more. “The Beatles!” So many songs to choose from!
If you have family, friends or kids who love to sing-a-long, this will be a fun one to have them join in.
Our second meeting of December would normally be scheduled on the 27th which is of course just two days after Christmas. So here’s what I was thinking… If our space is available, how about we meet on the third Saturday, the 20th, where we will play and sing lots of Christmas Carols and spread tons of holiday cheer! If we can coordinate with the church, the 20th will be a dues free meeting along with a drawing of ukulele related gifts to be given to our faithful Pluckin’ Strummin’ members. More info to follow as we solidify plans.
The Pluckin’ Strummers – A Los Angeles Ukulele Club
Congratulations – Four Years Strong – Thank You Members!
9:30 – Setup and questions answered. Beginners need extra help? Announcements? Ukulele happenings? Suggestions?
Show and tell? General ukulele banter.
“I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird. Now I know that it is the people that call others weird that are weird.” Paul McCartney
Book One – Wow that’s 25 songs! Uke can do it!
- Love Me Do – Pg. 154
- I Feel Fine – Pg. 118
- I’ve Just Seen A Face – Pg. 135
- Let It Be – Pg. 146
- I Saw Her Standing There – Pg. 130
- Yellow Submarine – Pg. 277
- Can’t Buy Me Love – Pg. 48
- A Hard Day’s Night – Pg. 100
- You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away – Pg. 283
- Please Please Me – Pg. 189
- Imagine – Pg. 125
- All My Loving – 19
- She Loves You – Pg. 206
11:00’ish – Break Time!
- Help! – Pg. 106
- I Want To Hold Your Hand – Pg. 136
- Eight Days A Week – Pg. 74
- From Me To You – Pg. 86
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da – Pg. 174
- Hey Jude – Pg. 109
- Good Night – Pg. 93
- I’ll Follow The Sun – Pg. 122
- The Night Before – Pg. 172
- When I’m Sixty-Four – Pg. 262
- World Without Love – Pg. 271
- With A Little Help From My Friends – Pg. 272
12:00’ish – Performance Time
Please view and vote for The Honolulu Ave. Strummers Christmas Carol video submitted for this years Holly Jolly Ukulele Contest. Yours truly is a special guest. http://www.ukulelemag.com/home/enter-the-2nd-annual-holly-jolly-ukulele-contest